Holiday M & M Soy Treats
1 cup butter
¾ cup flour
¼ cup soy flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 ½ cups Texurized Soy Protein
1 ½ cups red and green M & M’s
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 box Brownie Fudge Mix
Water and eggs according to directions on box
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. In a small bowl place butter, microwave on High for 1-2 minutes until melted.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the next 8 ingredients and mix well. Add melted butter and mix well. Mixture should be crumbly.
3. Reserve 2 cups of the oatmeal mixture and set aside.
4. In a well-greased jellyroll pan, place remaining oatmeal mixture and pat into an even layer.
5. In a medium-mixing bowl, add brownie mix; add water and eggs according to box, mix well.
6. Pour brownie mix on top of oatmeal mixture, smooth to an even layer.
7. Evenly sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture over the brownie mixture.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, cut into 32 squares.
Yield: 32 bar cookies